Murray & Roberts does not agree "in many respects" with the findings of a probe into the collapse of support structure for a bridge which killed two people in October 2015, the construction firm said on Friday.
The incident, which left 24 others injured, took place when a temporary structure set up ahead of the construction of the pedestrian bridge over the M1 highway, near Sandton, caved in and landed on the the road.
The bridge was a development by the City of Johannesburg for people walking from Alexandra township to Sandton.
In a statement published on the JSE Stock Exchange News Service on Friday, Murray & Roberts said an inquiry into the matter had been concluded, and the company and other parties who participated in the probe had received a report issued by the Department of Labour relating to the collapse.
"The Company and its advisers do not agree in many respects with the analyses, conclusions and recommendations contained in the report," read a statement.
It said the "confidential" report was prepared for and addressed to the Director of Public Prosecutions and the Chief Inspector of the Department of Labour for their consideration.
It said "all costs relating to this matter have been previously accounted for and no further financial impact is expected".
In 2015, the company pledged support to the victims and their relatives, Fin24 previously reported.
At the time, the company also said it was in the best interests of all concerned to establish the cause of the incident as quickly as possible in order to prevent future tragedies, according to a Bloomberg report.
The JSE-listed company has been involved in a number of major construction projects in the country, including Cape Town Stadium for the 2010 FIFA World Cup Stadium.